Together = Stronger. We are working towards a healthier future worldwide. To reach this goal we have developed a strategic, global Mergers & Acquisitions programme to help us to deliver medical solutions whenever and wherever they are needed.
Our Corporate Development department looks to strengthen our international presence, contributing value to the company and giving us the ability to provide a wider range of pharmaceutical solutions through:
- Commercial collaborations for products currently on the market.
- Acquisition of products that fit in with our business focus.
- Acquisition of companies that reinforce our current structure and product portfolio.
Our Mergers & Acquisitions programme mainly focuses on the following therapeutic areas:
- Dermatology – where we are positioned as one of the leading companies thanks to the acquisition of Hermal and a portfolio of products from Shire.
- Spasticity in MS – where we are consolidating our competitive position through the launch of Sativex.
- Allergy – with a broad coverage of the commercial target. Our main product in this area is the antihistamine ebastine.
We also market other innovative drugs in countries where we have the necessary commercial structure in place. We are continuing to reinforce our presence in these areas through the acquisition of products and commercial partnerships that tie in with our local interests.
Our objective is to go even further and continue to build our knowledge and partnership base to achieve a common goal: improving patient healthcare worldwide.